A NEW initiative for 2019-20 here at the Jezzards Beveree is the gaining of our Academy Licence from the National League.
It is by invitation only and is designed for progressive academies that meet the league’s criteria for football and further education
We will be one of only two clubs in Middlesex with the licence, which gives the following benefits:
• Improved productivity of home-grown players
• Improved player pathways
• Protects clubs against losing players
• Improves playing and coaching standards
• Improves the standard of competition
• Offers an U21 games programme (alongside the present U18 and U19 matches) and allows a club to field up to three senior players in a match – perhaps those needing game time or returning from injury
• Improves the credibility and status of our youth development programme
• Provides a national competition open only to clubs with the licence.
Academy manager Steve Bates is excited about the new status as it will allow him to recruit better-quality players, while Gary likes the opportunity offered to give senior players a run-out.