Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hampton & Richmond Borough FC app


Under 18s - Academy - Match centre

CB Hounslow United U18
Hampton & Richmond Borough FC
Mon 10 Dec 19:45 - Cup Full time

Hampton U18’s crash out of the Middlesex Senior Youth Cup


Hampton & Richmond Borough U18’s lost their quarterfinal match against CB Hounslow U18’s 2-1. This ends Hampton’s title defence, after winning the cup last season.

By Luke Hulatt

The first 10 minutes of the game saw Hounslow take control. Hampton’s goalkeeper, Dominic Bombourg had to be called into action early on, quickly coming out of his goal to collect the ball from Hounslow’s Ali Harb.

No clear chances had occurred for either team coming up to the 15th minute. However, Theo Clayton won a penalty after being taken in the box. Clayton stood up to take the penalty, calmly placing the ball in the bottom left-hand corner, taking the lead over Hounslow.

Hounslow came back strong and caused problems for Hampton. Anas Lamti made a crucial tackle to deny the attack. Mathew Pearse also made a good challenge, staying with his player and putting out a foot before the attacker could get to the ball.

Vijay Seenath had a great chance before the 30-minute mark. A ball played in from Lamti to Seenath inside the box allowed him to shoot from close range, however, his shot went wide.

Hounslow made it 1-1 in the 37th minute. Sharanjit Singh scored the goal, following a free kick played into the box. The ball fell to Singh who placed a neat shot into the bottom left corner.

Hampton’s Dylan Randall had two chances late on in the first half. With Hounslow’s goal keeper, Suhkraj Dulai denying Randall on both occasions.

At the half both teams were equal.

Randall had the first chance of the second half with his low driven cross into the box. Harb managed to clear the ball before it found any Hampton players.

Hounslow looked very lively, causing a lot of problems for Hounslow with their high intensity and high pressing.

In a 10 minute spell, Hampton was put under a lot of pressure, with Miguel Rarinha, Dylan Wright and Pearse making vital stops to the Hounslow attack.

Hampton made a substitution with Serge Lutumba coming on for Seenath.

In the 65th minute, Hounslow took the lead. Tashe Gibbons ran through the defence, taking a left footed shot. His shot rifled high to the middle of the goal.

Both teams make a substitution.

Randall had two great chances with 15 minutes remaining. The ball was played through to him, he tried to stretch for the ball but wasn't able to make any contact with it. In the last few minutes, he had a heavy touch of the ball which allowed Dulai to collect the ball.

Fulltime result, 2-1 to CB Hounslow who progress to the next round of the cup. A disappointing result for Hampton U18’s as they wanted to produce the same success they had last year. However it cant be taken away from CB Hounslow that they played very well. Hampton manager, Steve Bates labelled the result “disappointing” saying that: “We were below the levels that we set ourselves.” Highlighting that “our pressure wasn't good and tight enough.” Steve went on to say that “Anas Lamti did very well, he got his head up and won his individual battles”

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors