Hampton Youth Football Club is a local community based football club catering for children aged 5‐18. The teams play in the local leagues, primarily in The Surrey Youth League.
The ethos of the club is very much community based, with football provided for mixed ability levels. The emphasis is therefore not on winning, but on development and fun, which is completely in line with the FA’s “4‐corner” philosophy - Technical, Psychological, Social and Physical. This being said, many of the club’s teams play in the upper echelons of the leagues, with other teams progressing upwards due to their continued development.
The club relies on volunteers to ensure that the football is provided to the community. The basic model is for a parent to volunteer to manage their child’s team, supported by other parents. Less obvious , but equally important are the behind the scenes roles, for example managing fixtures, managing player registrations, coordinating pitches and referees, coordinating training facilities & coaching, child welfare, liaising with league officials, managing cash (income and expenses), annual returns etc.
The future of the club depends upon volunteers going forward – so is always looking for people to help out in any way they can.
The club collects “Membership Fees” from players to cover its costs and attempts to run some fund‐raising events during the season to keep the fees as low as possible.
The “Membership Fees” cover such expenses as:
• Pitch Rent, upkeep and marking (Kingsfield and Hampton Hill)
• Training Facilities rent (e.g. Hampton Academy, Twickenham Academy & Oldfield Lane ‐ under lights)
• Equipment – goals, flags, first aid kits, respect barriers, footballs and training equipment (cones, bibs etc.)
• Referees – we pride ourselves on providing ‘non parent’ referees wherever possible. We provide referee‐training for our older players, who in turn referee younger age groups. This has many benefits, including better appreciation of officials for those teenage players.
• Playing kit. However we do try to keep this cost down through sponsorship and re‐use.
• League costs (e.g. player registrations, returns etc.).
• Website, including access to share fixtures, team selection, write & share match reports, pictures and videos.
• Volunteer Training ‐ coaching, first aid, safeguarding children.
• County FA Affiliation Insurance – club public liability insurance.
The links with our local senior team “Hampton & Richmond Borough FC” (HRBFC) have grown through the year, and this has provided an additional benefit to our players in the form of free entry to home games. Many teams have enjoyed some ‘training’, ‘behind the scenes’ and ‘on‐the‐pitch’ experiences at The Beveree. Next season, this shall continue, and we will have a “Hampton Youth Corner”, our own noticeboard at their clubhouse, as we look forward to developing this relationship with our local senior club further.
From season 2015/16 all our teams will be entered as Hampton & Richmond Borough FC.
We have our own dedicated website www.hamptonyouthfc.co.uk which contains detailed information, fixtures and results for all our teams but will be putting news items on this page to keep all supporters informed of our boys and girls progress.