Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hampton & Richmond Borough FC app


Beavers into the last four

4 years ago By James Bartaby

An emphatic win over Northwood, led by a four goal salvo from Belal Aite-Ouakrim, sees Beavers into the semi final of this season's Middx Senior Cup

For the first time in a month, we had a game at Beveree Stadium. And boy was it worth the wait! A sumptuous first half performance saw Paul and Darren's side score five goals in the opening thirty two minutes as they cruised through this quarter final, setting up a last four clash with Hendon.

There was a change to the lineup, as Tommy Brewer - having a fantastic season at right back - withdrew from the lineup due to a knock picked up recently in training. Harry Mills moved up from the bench to start, while regular left back George Wells was named on the bench in place of Mills. Joe Turner started at left back, and Belal Aite-Ouakrim joined Dave Tarpey in attack. Ben Harris had been earmarked to play this game, but a hamstring injury has put paid to that. James Simmonds, Alex Finney and Reece Brewster also got starts. Aaron Wickham - himself coming back from injury - was named among the substitutes, along with top scorer Charlie Moone.

The first chance came for the visitors inside the opening sixty seconds, as Karl Oliyide broke down the left, but he could only fire into the side netting. And it wasn't long before Hampton had the lead. Just two and a half minutes were on the clock when Dave Tarpey broke down the left before squaring the ball to Belal, and the former Hendon man had the easiest of tasks, slotting the ball into the unguarded net. Joe Turner broke from left back minutes later, but his shot was straight at Northwood 'keeper Danny McNicholas.

Two goals in a minute followed, with Niko Muir curling a wonderful shot past Rodney Chiweshe from the left side of the penalty area on ten minutes, only for Alex Finney to restore our lead immediately, getting on the end of a right wing corner. Hampton were having lots of joy attacking down the right hand side, and good combination from Harry Mills and Luke Wanadio, along with Tarpey saw the ball come to Simmo. He hit a good shot past McNicholas, but it was cleared off the line for a corner. From the corner, Hampton got their third. The ball pinged around and was never fully cleared. It broke to Alex Finney on the right, and his inch perfect cross was nodded in by Tarps to make it 3-1. And there were only seventeen minutes on the clock!

On 26 minutes, Belal grabbed his second of the game, and again it came from good buildup on the right. The trio of Harry, Luke and Tarps again tormented the Northwood defence, and Belal showed good strength to hold off his man and fire past McNicholas. Six minutes later, Belal fired in off the post to complete his hattrick and make it 5-1. However, Stuart Lake and Harry Mills both limped off in the opening half an hour, with George Wells coming on at left back and Joe Turner switching to the right. Ousmane Kone replaced Lake in midfield.

There were a couple of chances towards the end of the half to make it six, but Belal's header from Turner's cross grazed the crossbar. Belal then got on the end of a bad back pass, but was denied by McNicholas. He got to the rebound and squared for Tarps, but he scuffed his shot wide. Half Time: Hampton 5 Northwood 1

Joe Turner had the first effort of the second half, thumping a left footer straight at McNicholas from outside the penalty area. At the other end, Oliyide superbly controlled a ball over the top, but was unlucky to see his drive go inches wide. Turner then fired wide after good work from Simmonds, while Tarps missed a glorious opportunity just past the hour. He rounded McNicholas, but could only hit the side netting with his shot.

Ousmane Kone hit a powerful shot which was well saved by McNicholas after being put through by Simmonds. Aaron Wickham made an appearance from the bench, replacing Tarps on 63 minutes, and his first involvement was to bring a good save from McNicholas from an angled drive. With seventeen minutes left, Belal grabbed his fourth. George Wells took an early freekick and put Belal through on goal. He calmly rounded McNicholas before putting the ball away. It was a great way to stake a claim for a place in the team!

It was a super performance from the lads, and shows that the enforced break isn't having any detrimental effect on the team. Next up is Saturday's Ryman Premier game at Harrow Borough. For directions and public transport information, click here.

Hampton & Richmond Borough 6
Aite-Ouakrim 3,26,32,73
Finney 11
Tarpey 17

Northwood 1
Muir 10

Attendance: 62

Hampton: Rodney Chiweshe, Harry Mills (George Wells 30), Joe Turner, Stuart Lake(c) (Ousmane Kone 27), Darren Powell, Alex Finney, Luke Wanadio, Reece Brewster, Dave Tarpey (Aaron Wickham 63), Belal Aite-Ouakrim, James Simmonds. Unused subs: Paris Mason, Charlie Moone.

Northwood: Danny McNicholas, James Duncan (Oliver Sprague), Jerome Federico, Mark Burgess(c), Steve Brown, George Nicholas (Tommy Walsh), Joakim Ehuz, Craig White, Niko Muir (James Burgess), Dave Lawrence, Karl Oliyide. Unused sub: Simon Huggett

Updated 16:34 - 21 Feb 2014 by Ryan Allen

Where next?

Dave's dream return as Beavers devour Robins James Bartaby's Carshalton match report
Beavers look to get back on track against the Hamlet This Saturday sees the visit of fellow strugglers Dulwich Hamlet to the Jezzards Beveree.


Loading comments

Sat 19 Jan
League 15:00
Sat 26 Jan
League 15:00
Sat 2 Feb
1st Bath City
League 15:00

Team sponsors


Club sponsors