Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hampton & Richmond Borough FC app


1st - Match centre

Hampton & Richmond Borough
Sat 10 Feb 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - National League South Full time Attendance 523

Ten-Man Beavers Clipped By The Hawks

Beavers salvage a points after a dominant display against an in-form Whitehawk side, to remain second in the league.

An own goal by goalkeeper Dan Wilks helped Hampton and Richmond Borough recover to draw 1-1 against an in-form Whitehawk side, in their National League South clash at The Beveree.

Hampton controlled the opening moments of the match, with playmaker Max Kretzschmar linking up well with both full backs and wingers, to create a number of chances for the home side.

Their best chance of the first half came when Harrison Crawford struck a powerful shot across goal, after using his strength well to shrug off a defender. His effort however was well saved low down to the keeper’s left.

Despite a dominant performance from the Beavers, it was the visitors who broke the deadlock 34 minutes in, with their only real chance of the entire match.

Full-back Kodi Lyons-Foster delivered a testing cross into the box, which was then somehow bundled in by Hawks attacker Elliot Benyon, with the ball trickling into the bottom left corner.

Hampton continued to push for a goal of their own and almost replied instantly, but substitute Elliott Charles - who replaced Harry Crawford due to injury - couldn’t quite sort his feet out and get a decent strike on goal.

In the end, Hawks keeper Wilks stood his ground and made himself big to keep the score at 0-1.

As the match resumed after the break, the home side came out with plenty of urgency to equalise, which paid off instantly.

Less than two minutes into the second half, captain Josh Casey whipped in a dangerous delivery from a corner towards the near post, which should have been dealt with by keeper Wilks.

However, as he caught the ball, referee Jacob Miles deemed that he stepped over the line, carrying the ball into his goal.

Ten minutes or so later, Hampton nearly took the lead after a well-worked move from a close-range free kick, started off by Kretzschmar.

Max's marvellous pass fed Brendan Kiernan into the box on the right. Kiernan then cut the ball back from the byline into the danger zone and picked out Charlie Wassmer. However, his first-time effort blazed over the crossbar from close range.

The Beavers continued to dominate the play, but their momentum was halted when Wassmer was given a second yellow card after a strong challenge in the middle of the pitch.

With ten men, Hampton were still pushing forward looking for the winner, but in the end the home side had to settle for a point.

Although the Beavers dropped two points, Dowse's men have gained a point on league leaders Dartford, who suffered a last-minute defeat at home to Chelmsford City.

With on two points separating the Beavers and the Darts at the top, winning their game in hand would see Hampton & Richmond Borough go top of the National League South.

The FA Respect: We Only Do Positive

Team selection

League round up

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Havant & Waterlooville 42 86
2. Dartford 42 86
3. Chelmsford City 42 74
4. Hampton & Richmond Borough 42 72
5. Hemel Hempstead Town 42 70
6. Braintree Town 42 69
7. Truro City 42 69

Team sponsors


Club sponsors