Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hampton & Richmond Borough FC app


1st - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Hampton & Richmond Borough
Sat 30 Aug 15:00 - The Ryman Football League - Ryman Premier Full time Attendance 261

First Win For Beavers

Hampton hold on despite playing the final twenty minutes with ten men.

Hampton finally got their first points of the season at the sixth time of asking in an early season "six pointer" at Beveree. Things didn't begin too brightly, with Paul and Darren forced into two changes from the published teamsheet. Ben Harris and Billy Adcock pulled out, meaning starts for Gareth Chendlik and debutant Billy Dunn.

The visitors were the first to create any half chances; Terry Dodd firing a couple of efforts off target. Charlie Moone had a snapshot for Hampton, but it was tame and straight at Rikki Banks. Lewes counter attacked swiftly from our corner, Nicky Wheeler setting up Luke Blewden, but the striker dragged his effort wide.

George Wells almost caught Banks out in the Lewes goal in the final ten minutes of the half. Wells quickly fired a freekick from just inside the Lewes half that had the keeper scrambling across to tip the ball wide. From the resulting corner, Charlie Moone was denied at the near post. Ben Osman - playing at right back - shot with the outside of his right footm but the effort went straight to Banks. The best move of the half - and probably the match - was also the last action of the first 45, and it came from the home side.

Karle Carder picked the ball up in midfield, before turning and releasing Luke Wanadio with a good pass that bypassed left back Sam Cole. Luke hit an early cross which was met first time by Charlie Moone, but unfortunately Banks was positioned well and made the save. Half Time: Beavers 0 Lewes 0

The second half started in dramatic fashion, and in the best possible way for Hampton. Straight from the kickoff, we attacked down the right, and Luke's cross was adjudged to have been handled. The referee, Mr Andrew Parker - officiating for the first time at Beveree - pointed to the spot to give us our fourth penalty in as many home games. Charlie immediately picked up the ball, and proceeded to rifle it into Banks' right corner. The keeper guessed correctly, but couldn't get near the shot.

The confidence in both Charlie and the team visibly grew after this, and Charlie could have had a second moments later, cutting in onto his left foot but shooting wide. However, we didn't have long to wait for a second, and again it was provided by a Wanadio cross. This time, it evaded the entire Lewes defence and Banks too. In fact, it looked as though it had evaded everyone, but up steamed George Wells to head home at the back post for just his second goal for the club.

Eight minutes after our second goal, Ollie Rowe halved the deficit, slotting home a neat finish from a left wing cross and giving Beavers' keeper Jack Norton no chance. And it looked like it would be a nervy final twenty minutes for us when Ben Osman picked up his second booking for a foul, reducing the Beavers to ten men.

Lewes set about looking for an equaliser, and maybe should have had one through Terry Dodd. Two substitutes combined as Elliot Romain embarked on a driving run before hitting a shot which was blocked. The ball fell to Nathan Crabb, who picked out Dodd perfectly, but the striker had obviously forgotten his shooting boots as he skied his shot well over. Lewes did have the ball in the net with seven minutes remaining, but it was chalked off for a foul on Norton.

Paris Mason - a 90th minute substitute - almost sealed the points, but was denied by Banks after keeping the ball in play on the dead ball line before weaving his way into a shooting position. There was an unsavoury end to the game, however, as Lewes broke down the right. George Wells and Elliot Romain tussled, before wrestling each other to the ground and continuing the fracas whilst on the floor. This sparked a huge confrontation involving all twenty two players which was, in fairness, got under control pretty quickly by the officials. The referee then proceeded to show yellow cards to Messrs Romain and Wells, aswell as Tommy Brewer and Lewes' Ben Austin. After the final whistle, Lewes winger Nicky Wheeler was also shown a yellow card for dissent.

The final whistle brought delight and relief for the majority of the 261 inside the ground, and the feeling now in one of "the season starts here". Next up for the boys is a trip to Earlsmead on Tuesday to play Harrow Borough, before next Saturday's trip to Champion Hill and Dulwich Hamlet. Don't forget, it is Non League Day next Saturday, and our hosts are offering a "pay what you want" scheme for all fans. So take advantage, but also be generous! Once the costs are met for the day, Dulwich are donating the profits to charties.

Beavers 2
Moone 47(p), Wells 51

Lewes 1
Rowe 59

Attendance 261

Beavers: Jack Norton, Ben Osman, George Wells, Tommy Brewer, Billy Jeffreys(c), Justyn Roberts, Luke Wanadio, Karle Carder, Gareth Chendlik (Jesse Kewley-Graham 69), Charlie Moone (Paris Mason 90), Billy Dunn (Jerome Federico 73). Unused subs: Michael Bryan, Hassan Ibrahim.

Cautioned: Ben Osman (x2), George Wells, Tommy Brewer
Sent off: Ben Osman.

Lewes: Rikki Banks, Steve Brinkhurst, Sam Cole, Ollie Rowe, Ben Austin, George Branford (Fraser Logan 75), Nicky Wheeler, Jack Dixon, Terry Dodd, Luke Blewden (Elliott Romain 66), James Fergany (Nathan Crabb 52). Unused subs: Byron Napper, Jordan Sanderson.

Cautioned: Ben Austin, Nicky Wheeler, Jack Dixon, Elliott Romain.

MOTM: Luke Wanadio.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Ryman Premier results

Bury Town
Maidstone United
Canvey Island
Wingate & Finchley


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
13. East Thurrock United 46 66
14. Bognor Regis Town 46 63
15. Hampton & Richmond Borough 46 57
16. Harrow Borough 46 53
17. Canvey Island 46 53
18. VCD Athletic 46 53
19. Lewes 46 53

Team sponsors


Club sponsors